Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

07 April 2011

New Zealand Odyssey: Foxglove Cottage, 50 Dawson Street, New Plymouth

'New Zealand Odyssey', published in 1989 by Heinemann, was authored by me, Don Donovan (who did the text and illustrations) and Euan Sarginson, who did the photography and design. In this series of blog posts, I will publish some of my drawings.



Even in 1987, I was surprised to see this historic little cottage so close to the centre of New Plymouth. It was clearly a beloved relic and unless protected would die in the face of urban renewal and increasing real estate 'values' (which are usually little to do with true value and much to do with cupidity). I don't suppose it survived.

My wife liked the original illustration so much that I gave it to her and it still hangs on a wall after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan